This is football and anything can happen but … how bad are the teams in Group A. With this being the first day and there was a lot of desire for the World Cup and football, it has been possible to endure … but they have had phases of a real mess.
South Africa 1- Mexico 1
- I keep Thsabalala’s goal. This is how the World Cup is inaugurated. Golazo.
- If FIFA wants South Africa to be in the round of 16, it can start sending “special” referees. I said that they summoned Iturralde as a matter of urgency.
- Pienaar (from Everton) very, very weak. You have to know how to lead.
- Mexico is very cool. With defensive errors and little goal up.
- Cuauhtemoc Blanco’s way of sweating is impressive. That overweight, that shortness of breath, that sweaty hangover. A pint of being playing a brutal single against married. And yet, it has been the best.
- Mexico’s goalkeeper Óscar Pérez has also helped a lot to the sensation of the town party. Do n’t you have one that doesn’t look like a “From Dusk Till” extra? or that he knows how to play as a goalkeeper … what blocks a ball from time to time, that does not clear towards the center, that does not come out at the wrong time … come on, the little things typical of a professional goalkeeper.
France 0- Uruguay 0
- The thing about France is Domenech’s fault. A team with Gourcuff, Malouda, Ribery, Henry, Anelka, Evra, Toulalan… cannot play football so little. It is that they do not play anything. But nothing at all. Horrible.
- During the game, I wanted to tear out my eyes. Is that if it is not a World Cup they have to pay you to see it.
- Suárez and Forlán are sooooo upstairs by themselves. The ball does not arrive.
- If Lodeiro’s entry takes a direct red, nothing happens either. It was a very just expulsion and could have complicated Uruguay a lot.
Let’s hope this improves tomorrow … because it can’t get worse right?
For tomorrow I would say that South Korea and Greece tie and Argentina and England win. We will see.